- Which Android devices are supported?
- How do I install the app?
- Can I sign up as a new Showmax user through the Android app?
- How do I cast content to a Chromecast device?
- You can cast streaming content from the Showmax app for Android to devices that support Chromecast.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Showmax app installed on your Android device and that it is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Chromecast receiver.
- Launch the Showmax app. Select the Chromecast icon and pair to your Chromecast receiver.
- When you select content to cast, the content will play out via the Chromecast receiver.
- To stop casting, select the Chromecast icon again and select Stop Casting.
- The following Chromecast receivers are compatible: Google Chromecast (1st, 2nd Generation), Google Nexus Player.
- Casting of live and downloaded content is not currently supported.
Chromecast is not available on Showmax Mobile and Showmax Pro Mobile plans.
- Why does the Showmax app for Android request permission to access my Android device's microphone?
- What are the HDCP requirements for Android devices?
Got More Questions?
Our live customer service agents are here to help you - Start live chat.