- How fast does my Internet need to be to use Showmax?
- Is there a limit to how much I watch?
- What definition is the content available in?
- Can I stream content lower than 720p?
- Why can't I stream higher than 720p?
- Can I limit the amount of data used?
- I get an error saying that the service is unavailable in my country, why?
- I get an error saying Showmax cannot be accessed through proxy or unblocking services. What should I do?
- Why did I receive a message that my mobile device will no longer be compatible with the Showmax app? (PLA1019)
- What is High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection?
HDCP stands for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. Showmax has implemented an HDCP and DRM requirement to protect its copyrighted content
This means that hardware DRM and HDCP support may be required when enjoying all or some of our content
What this means is that standard definition quality will be the default setting for devices where only software DRM is supported
HD quality is possible if HDCP is supported on the device, cable, and connected external displays
FullHD quality is available for devices with hardware DRM and HDCP support
An HDCP requirement will be applied to all live channels and events, VoD, and offline content (downloads) provided by external providers such as Hollywood studios
For Showmax Originals or content owned by a group, we could apply less strict protection rules to provide it in better quality
Got More Questions?
Our live customer service agents are here to help you - Start live chat.