By creating yourself a unique Showmax ‘’Parental Code’’ and setting an ‘’age restriction’’, you have a level of protection from Kids or Teens who may explore other content within the Showmax service that exceeds your chosen ‘’age restriction’’.
NOTE: the parental code should only be used by you. By giving the code to a kid or teenager - you have given them the ability to have FULL access to watch any content on Showmax without restriction.
Your PIN is required to watch ANY content that exceeds the ‘’age restriction’’ you set unless you are in an ‘’active session’’.
Active sessions (i.e. when your PIN is not required to watch content above your chosen ‘’age restriction’’) Start at the following points:
- 1) When you use the PIN for the first time in that viewing session.
- 2) When you use the PIN for the first time to download something in that viewing session.
PLEASE NOTE: The PIN will not be required to be input again until the ‘’active session’’ expires.
Active sessions expire at the following points:
1) If your mobile app runs in the background or is forced closed.
2) If you close your web browser.
3) If you log in or out from the service.
4) If you edit the PIN or set it for the first time.
5) If you switch profiles.
6) If you are not watching something and are inactive for 5 minutes on the web or Smart TV app.