- What is Showmax?
Showmax is a streaming service that offers you a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, documentaries, Showmax Originals, kids shows, sport, and more. You can watch as much as you want, whenever you want without a single advert. There's always something new to discover and shows and movies are added weekly. There are no contracts and you can cancel at any time. Get Showmax all for one low monthly price.
Showmax offers a standard entertainment plan called Showmax and a sport, news, and entertainment plan called Showmax Pro. Sport is provided by SuperSport.
Both plans are also available in a mobile-only version.
- What live sport from SuperSport is available on Showmax Pro?
- Football: English Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, FA Cup, UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues (SA, Lesotho, Mauritius only), DStv Premier League, and more
- Motorsport (not available in SA, Lesotho & Mauritius): MotoGP, Dakar Rally, NASCAR Cup and more
- Tennis (not available in SA, Lesotho & Mauritius): All Grand Slams and ATP Tour events
- Athletics: Diamond League, World Challenge League and more
- Running: Berlin, Boston, London, NYC, Soweto Marathons and more
- Cycling (not available in SA, Lesotho & Mauritius): Tour De France, World Tour events and more
- Boxing: Selected IBF, WBA, WBO, WBC and African Boxing events
- Other: Triathlon, Gymnastics, and Squash
- Other (SA, Lesotho & Mauritius only): Swimming, Diving, Pool, Snooker, Horse Racing, Netball, Hockey, Extreme Sports, eSports, SA Basketball, and much more.
This list is subject to change based on rights limitations from sporting bodies and events availability may vary from country to country. We are constantly adding new, exciting events to our catalog and will keep you updated.
- What devices does Showmax work on?
- Personal Computers - via web browsers
- Apple devices - iPhone, iPad, Apple TV
- Android devices - smartphones, tablets, media boxes with Android TV
- Smart TVs- please note that Showmax Pro is not supported on all smart TVs
- Gaming consoles
- DStv Explora
- Chromecast and AirPlay
Please note that application availability may vary from country to country. Features may differ between devices. Our “Mobile devices” plans will allow playback only on smartphones and tablets.
For more detailed information on each platform, select the section from the Help menu.
- How do I sign up?
You can sign up and subscribe on the Showmax website.
- What subscription options are available?
Showmax offers a standard entertainment plan called Showmax and a sport, news, and entertainment plan called *Showmax Pro. Sport is provided by SuperSport.
Both plans are also available in a mobile-only version.
- Showmax and Showmax Pro plans can be used on multiple devices.
- Showmax Mobile and Showmax Pro Mobile plans can be used on smartphones and tablets only.
* Showmax Pro is not available in all countries - visit Showmax.com to check availability in your country.
- How does the 14 day free trial work?
Due to the nature of sport licensing our Pro plans (where available) do not offer a free trial.
New subscribers to our Showmax and Showmax Mobile plans who provide direct, recurring payment details (e.g. Credit Card, PayPal) will receive a free 14 day trial to try out the service.
You may cancel at any time, if not you will be billed automatically at the end of the trial period. Subscribers using a pre-paid payment method (e.g. Vouchers) will not receive a free trial. Subscribers who are paying through a partner may get a free trial depending on the partner offer.
- In which countries can I access Showmax?
Showmax and Showmax Pro plans are available in Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena - Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Showmax for diaspora - offering the best South African and African content is available in: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Cayman Islands, Denmark, Falkland, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pitcairin, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
Showmax content may vary from country to country.
- Can I use Showmax on multiple devices?
Yes - our “All devices” Showmax and Showmax Pro plans allow you to register up to five devices and watch on two devices at the same time.
However, our “Mobile devices” Showmax Mobile and Showmax Pro Mobile plans allow you to watch on one mobile device only. Your first registered device used for playback is counted as your single device. You can watch trailers as well as browse the content catalogue on other devices, but playback will not be possible on a second device.
Read more about managing your devices in the section How do I manage my registered devices?
- What are the differences between the ”All devices” plans and the ‘’Mobile devices” plans?
The “All devices” - Showmax and Showmax Pro plans can be used on multiple devices and the streaming quality is HD, plus you can stream on 2 devices at the same time.
The “Mobile devices” - Showmax Mobile and Showmax Pro Mobile plans have certain restrictions and limitations, namely:
- Casting is not permitted (AirPlay, Chromecast).
- Only one registered mobile/ tablet device can be active & stream/ watch content.
- Online and downloads are of SD quality.
Got More Questions?
Our live customer service agents are here to help you - Start live chat.